A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 2 February 2019

Lace // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Lace Nails Valentines Day // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Ok, I'm going to dry my best to actually complete this challenge! I'm not really bothered about the prizes; I'm more bothered about getting the nail art done #priorities lol. I decided to go simple for this prompt although now I'm looking at it, I could've used some striping tape at the ends and painted the tips in white to tie it in with the ring finger...where is Captain Hindsight when you need him?


Also, I totally effed up and smudged my middle finger when taking the top photo 😭 I'm so annoyed with myself.

Lace Nails Valentines Day // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Lace Nails Valentines Day // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

How I did it:-
I started off with 1 coat of Halo Rose (I found a use for these polishes after all!) and the stamped on the lace with the white polish and the BP-02 plate. The middle finger has two layers of Cabana Fever followed by a marble print from the Explorer 33 plate in I Wonder Where. I then stamped on the little heart with Golden Hour and the BP-L002 plate. One thing I was worried about was smudging the white polish as that one from Born Pretty smudges so easily. However, my Revlon Diamond top coat came through for me. As long as you have a large amount of top coat on the brush and you don't let the brush touch the nail you should be ok.

The next prompt on the 5th is "Wedding" and well, these definitely look like wedding nails so I'm not sure what I'm going to do for those. Perhaps something soft and pink?

Lace Nails Valentines Day // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Lace // #Clairestelle8 Valentines Challenge

Polishes/Tools Used:-
Avon Nail Wear Pro+ // Halo Rose (sheer pearlescent rose)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
China Glaze // Cabana Fever (matte white)
Cuccio Colour // I Wonder Where (pale grey)
Ciaté // Golden Hour (metallic rose gold)
Revlon // Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Explorer 33
Born Pretty Stamping Plate // BP-02 & BP-L002
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig