A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 20 January 2019

OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018 // Days 22-25

OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018 // Days 22-25

Day 22 - Ginger's Revenge // Dark Red Creme

OPI Ginger's Revenger Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
Now these are the type of red shades I can get on board with. This is classic crimson and super shiny to boot. I was going to wear just one coat, but the second really adds depth. This is they type of shade I would wear all winter. It looks like we're off to a good start with the final week.

Day 23 - Bogota Blackberry // Red shimmer

OPI Bogota Blackberry Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Oh be still my beating heart; this shade is beautiful. It reminds me of this velvet two piece I bought from Missguided a couple of years ago. The shade itself is classic and screams opulence. I don't think I could just wear this to the office; it's definitely more for special occasions. I'm wearing one coat and frankly that's all you need.

Day 24 - Black to Reality // Black with red shimmer

OPI Black to Reality Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
This is a nice shade with a lovely red shine that appears when the light hits it just right. I'm wearing two coats as the second once again gives it hella depth. In normal light shade looks black however, under lighting that red almost cat-eye like shimmer comes out. 

Day 25 - Black Cherry Chutney // Black with purple shimmer

OPI Black Cherry Chutney Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

And we end the calendar with what is basically the exact same shade as the last. This shade is ok but can you see a difference? I think because of the shimmer this would go nice with flaky polishes (especially with a matte top coat) but I'm a little disappointed that we didn't go out on a bang; just like the Ciaté calendar. I'm wearing two coats in the swatch and whereas it's darker and slightly more purple I think the previous shade was a much nicer black shimmer.

//Verdict

And we're done! It's finally done...or well I still have the Ciaté 2013 calendar to finish but at least the 2018 ones are out of the way. I'm actually quite glad I bought this calendar though as it's made me realise that OPI isn't really that great and there are much better and cheaper polish brands out there. For example, Cuccio, A-England and Morgan Taylor have impressed me way more than OPI polishes. The formulas have been quite thick and hard to apply and this calendar just didn't excite me the way the Ciaté one did. I think I'll pass on the OPI 2019 calendar now.

// Days 1 - 7
// Days 8 - 14
// Days 15 - 21
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig