A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 13 January 2019

OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018 // Days 15-21

OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018 // Days 15-21

Day 15 - Envy The Adventure // Dark Green Creme

OPI Envy The Adventure Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
I was not expecting myself to like this but I do. It's a shade of green I don't have in my collection either and is perfect for forest looks. I'm wearing one coat and that's all you need which is a welcome change from these polishes.

Day 16 - Tinker, Thinker, Winker? // Linear Holo

OPI Tinker Thinker Winker Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

OPI Tinker Thinker Winker Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
This is my favourite shade out of the entire collection and I can't stop moving my fingers back and forth in the light to bring out the spectacular holo flame that appears down the middle. I'm wearing three coats with no base and it appears as a light silver however this is the first silver holographic shade that doesn't contain silver glitter; this is all holo. Layered on top of darker colours the flame really comes to life and one layer is just translucent enough to enhance any shade. I'll be buying this full size for sure.

Day 17 - Dreams Need Clara-fication // Sky Blue Creme

OPI Dreams Need Clara-Fication Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
So, this was the shade that made me take notice of the Nutcracker collection, as OPI made it look stunning  on their insta. Now I'm wearing it; I'm just like "meh." It's a nice blue shade but requires at least three coats due to streaky-ness and I could achieve the same look with something much cheaper like Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Blueberry. At £3.99 they're practically identical.

Day 18 - Less is Norse // Dark Denim Blue Creme

OPI Less Is Norse Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

When I was applying this I got hit by deja vu because it is a dead ringer for Ciaté Total Eclipsedwhich I just swatched for Day 15 of the Ciaté Mini Mani Month. However that is a shiny one coat dream and this is watered down version. I used two coats but it doesn't apply as nicely as the Ciaté version. The shade is a nice dark denim blue; just like Total Eclipse, so I don't hate it but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Ciaté.

Day 19 - Suzi & The Arctic Fox // Inky Black Creme with Purple tinge

OPI Suzi & The Arctic Fox Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

The name of this colour makes absolutely no sense to me. I googled an Arctic Fox and they are pure white...The box also describes it as "bring out the fox in you with this purple kissed hue"...purple? I think this should've been named; Suzi & The Squid Ink because this is an inky black creme with a tinge of purple. I'm wearing two coats, which you definitely need because the first was extremely streaky. The strange name aside; I do like the shade as the purple hint gives it a little more depth than your average creme.

Day 20 - March in Uniform // Dark Navy Blue

OPI March In Uniform Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
This is actually a shade of blue I've been looking for as it's dark but you can still tell it's blue. Most dark blues I have look almost black but this will be perfect for night skies and galaxy looks. I'm wearing two coats in the swatch.

Day 21 - Candied Kingdom // Dark Red Creme

OPI Candied Kingdom Swatch // OPI The Nutcracker & the Four Realms Advent Calendar 2018

Nutcracker Collection Shade
For those of you that have been reading this blog you may know I'm not the biggest fan of bright red shades; however I may make an exception for this one because for once it doesn't clash with my skin tone. It's slightly darker with a cool undertone and I could actually see myself wearing this on it's own. It applied beautifully as well (I'm wearing one coat) and clean up was relatively easy with little staining (which is nice for a red shade). A surprising end to the week. 

//Verdict
I'm almost done!! Just four more shades to go and then I have the Ciaté Mini Mani month from 2013 to finish. This week was actually quite a surprise and probably my favourite so far as the colours are more usable to me. I'm still not as wowed at the Ciaté 2018 calendar but I've found some good shades.

// Days 1 - 7
// Days 8 - 14
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig