A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 27 January 2019

Three Nail Polish Removers #2 // Cutex & Sally Hansen

Three Nail Polish Removers #2 // Cutex & Sally Hanson

//Since becoming obsessed with doing my nails I'm reading more and more articles about caring for your nails. In the old days I just used to think polish remover was well polish remover and there wasn't any difference between them. I thought it smelled horrible and left my nails looking white and dry. However, since then I've learnt that removers differ vastly and I'm now on the search for the best remover.// 

Sally Hansen // Moisturising Nail Polish Remover (200ml - £1.98)

You know, I was really shocked to find out they still sold this because I legit bought this almost 10 years ago lol. This was my remover for when I sporadically did my nails. Before summer last year, I was quite the polish hoarder but I never did my nails that much, perhaps once every three months and then I would leave that polish on for a month (or longer) until it was chipped and scratty looking. Then I would use some of this to remove it. At the time, I just thought it was natural for your nails to look dry and streaky after removing polish; now I know differently. I've stopped using this now as it's pretty much useless at removing anything other than creme's and clean-up is a joke. The scent is just standard polish remover but there's nothing special about it.

Cutex // Ultra Powerful (200ml - £2.15)

So in last months Three Nail Polish Removers, I mentioned that I thought I had found the holy grail of removers; this is what I was referring to. However, then, I hadn't tried the moisture rich version, see more on that below. This ultra powerful remover completely blew my expectations away. I bought it on offer for £1 and the watermelon scent was the first thing I noticed. Seriously, this remover actually smells quite nice. It's very cold on the skin and can leave it a little white if you leave it on too long but it removes polish in a breeze. I can't comment on glitter effectiveness because I always wear a peel off base coat when wearing glitter (it's just easier) but clean-up is fantastic. This creates beautiful sharp lines and doesn't leave skin dry at all. It's also fantastic at cleaning up stamping plates and nail mats; this remover is worth every penny.

Cutex // Moisture-Rich (200ml - £2.15)

Ladies and Gentleman, roll up for the winner of nail polish removers; this baby can do it all. At the start of January, Superdrug had all the Cutex polish removers on sale (they have quite a few actually) and so I decided to give another one a go to see if the range was any good. I shouldn't have even worried. I was expecting this to be worse than the ultra-powerful so it was a surprise when it removed polish just as well without any dryness. In fact, if I use this on dry looking nails, they actually look healthier...and smell like Christmas cake.

This remover has a beautiful marzipan/almond scent that really lingers after the acetone dissapates; I can't get enough of it. It performs clean-up relatively well, although the lines aren't quite as sharp but it gets the job done. After the first use I went back out and bought another 5 while they were on sale.

I would say the only downside is that it seems to stain your nails and skin yellow after repeated use; and I use it a lot. It's not highly noticables but I have noticed that my tips are no longer as white as they used to be since I started using it. But other than that, I can't reccommend this remover enough.

//Conclusion

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll be doing another one of these posts now because the Cutex removers (used together) are really all I need. They do exactly what I want them to do and they smell great. I use the Moisture rich to remove any polish and clean my nails and then the ultra powerful to clean plates and do clean-up with. Since I've started using them, I've noticed that Cutex also do polishes and cuticle oils and I can't wait to give everything else a go because their products seem to be amazing quality for a fantastic price.

Three Nail Polish Removers #2 // Cutex & Sally Hanson

SHARE:

3 comments


  1. Thanks for sharing such a nice information. Its really helpfull...

    pamper package melbourne
    in office treatments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog.This is very useful for enhancing my salon.I will share with my team members as well.
    The best way to book your Salon Appointment
    Salon Software

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great blog I ever seen, Very important Info discussed here... It is only normal that you want to find out as many details as you can about the nail polish remover you want to have at your own home. Check it here to know about Nail Polish Removers

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig