A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Five Hand Creams #3 // Wilko, Dr Organic, BalanceMe, Treacle Moon, Kueshi

Five Hand Creams #3 // Wilko, Dr Organic, BalanceMe, Treacle Moon, Kueshi

Welcome back to another Five Hand Creams post! I go through hand cream like water so I here is where I document my experience with all the different ones I try out. I'm subscribed to a ridiculous amount of beauty boxes as well and I receive at least 1 every month through them so, when one is empty or close to empty I lump them all together for a "Five Hand Creams" post. Lets get into them shall we?

Wilko // "So Soft" Intense Hand Cream (75ml - £1)


I'm not quite sure why I bought this. I have a hand cream obsession and I like the smell of coconuts so that's why? In the tube this does smell quite nice but then you put it on your hands and start rubbing it in and the scent changes to musty clothes with a hint of coconut. I don't like it. I'm going to have to use it up because I not a big fan of wasting things but the scent on this one is so strange it's put me off buying any other Wilko branded hand creams.


Dr Organic // Manuka Honey Foot & Heel Cream (125ml - £6.75)


This cream on the other hand has become one of my all time favourites and I'm on my second tube. This is my go to foot cream. I received it in a Latest In Beauty box in August I think and that tube lasted me a good four months of everyday use. Full size is only £6.75 which is fantastic because this product actually works. I use about a walnut size on each foot at night, put on some thick socks and then go to sleep. My feet have never felt so soft or looked so good. Whilst using this, I've not suffered from any cracked heels or peeling. It has this really lovely honey scent as well and stops your feet from smelling throughout the day. This has become an essential for me. 


BalanceMe // Super Moisturising Hand Cream (50ml - £10)


I bought this at TK Maxx at the end of August for £3.99 as I was out all day and had forgotten to put hand cream in my bag. I've tried quite a few BalanceMe products and generally like the brand. I was initially put off by this cream as it has an extremely strong patchouli scent and I hate patchouli but the formula has well and truly won me over; this is a fantastic hand cream. It's rich and buttery smooth; leaving the skin soft and hydrated for hours. I would actually purchase this again despite the smell. £4 for it was a bargain because this is well worth the £10 price tag.


Treacle Moon // Marshmallow Hearts (75ml - £2) 

I featured the coconut flavour in the first 5 Hand Creams post and whereas this smells much nicer; it doesn't moisturise as well. Your hands will smell great but about 20 minutes after application it feels like you need to reapply again. For £2, it doesn't break the bank but clearly it's more for show than to be actually used. It does smell bloody good though and they offer shower gel in this scent as well so I may actually purchase that instead of more hand cream.

Kueshi // Foot Care Cream (40ml - £12 for 100ml)

And last is another foot cream I got with a Birchbox order in October. It was a free sample but seeing as how I was half way through the Dr Organic Foot Cream, I left it in my spares box until I ran out of that tube. I've been using this foot cream only for the past month til it ran out and I'm so glad it has because I couldn't wait to go back to the Dr Organic cream. It smells nice; like peppermint and tea tree. It reminds me of that scene from Mean Girls where Cady says all they've done is make Regina's face smell like a foot.
Other than that it doesn't do anything. My feet have definitely been a lot drier and I've seen a few cracks here and there through the last couple of months; I'm now back on the Manuka cream so hopefully soft feet will once again be mine. 

And that's it for this month! I have so many more hand creams to go through....I honestly think this will never end because I clearly have a problem when it comes to hand cream.

*none of the links in this post are affiliated, just ones I found off google
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig