A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya // Scarf Print ,Deer and globes nail design

Look #2 for using items from this months Mani & Lola nail sub box! I've been wanting to do a scarf look for so long; especially now we're in winter and these just fit the bill. They're not perfect; mainly because the original white stamping polish wouldn't stamp and then I smudged everything by using a different top coat than normal but I still like the finished result.

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya // Scarf Print ,Deer and globes nail design

I started out with just one layer of Berlin There Done That for the base. The shade is surprisingly opaque and applies nice and shiny; however once it starts to dry it gets that dull plastic look that seems to be common with the Infinite Shine range. I then used Codie to stamp on some darker scarf patterns to start with and was surprised at how well it worked. Codie is quite a thin and runny polish so I wasn't expected the lines to be so clean. 

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya // Scarf Print ,Deer and globes nail design

Afterwards I wanted to use a more off-white muted stamping polish but Snowflake from MoYou is just awful and would not pick up for anything. I'm going to have to start doing some posts on those stamping polishes as they are completely hit or miss. I ended up having to go back to my trusty white Born Pretty polish which was too bright for what I wanted but it doesn't look too bad.

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya // Scarf Print ,Deer and globes nail design

I then stamped the deer and globe designs on from the Hipster plate in white first then used Codie again in the same designs to give it a double stamp effect. I really love how the deer one turned out but I messed up the globe a bit. Once it was finished, the look reminded me of those huge office/libraries you see in mansions where there's just wood paneling everywhere.

Scarves & Library Vibes // OPI & Zoya // Scarf Print ,Deer and globes nail design

Polishes/Tools Used:
OPI Infinite Shine // Berlin There Done That (muted mauve)
Zoya // Codie (dark cool brown with green undertones)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
Essie // Platinum Grade Top Coat
MoYou London // Hipster Plate 04
Harunouta // Stamping Plate L010
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig