A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 5 November 2018

Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018

Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018 - Navy Blue & Gold Glitter Nails

Errr, ok. So this ended up way more Stars 'n' Stripey than I wanted. Over here the 5th November is of course Bonfire Night. The night where the British celebrate a dude who wanted to blow up parliament but got caught at the last minute. In all honesty I'm not sure if we're celebrating he got caught or wanted to blow it up anymore but we all seem to love fireworks and Bonfire Night is just such a great atmosphere; especially if you're at a public bonfire all wrapped up in your scarf waving a sparkler around whilst gorging on toffee apples. 

The look I was going for was a cold and clear night with the orange and gold glitter acting as the bonfire licking the stars but it just looks like I'm late for 4th July. 

Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018 - Navy Blue & Gold Glitter Nails

Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018 - Navy Blue & Gold Glitter Nails

It's not terrible but it's not what I envisioned in my head. Anyway, this was achieved with a base coat of Orly In The Navy. You're seeing just one coat because that is one opaque motherducker. I then topped it off with some stars from the MoYou Sailor 18 plate, applied a thick top coat then the aptly named Pumpkin Spice by Sinful Colors near the tips.

Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018 - Navy Blue & Gold Glitter Nails

I'm going to get my thinking cap on for next year; perhaps I'll do actual fireworks instead of trying to recreate the atmosphere of the night. Also, off topic, but I got the Orly and Sinful Color shades recently for just £1 each...yep £1. My local beauty outlet were moving premises and sold off all the stock they didn't want to take with them...I'm not proud of how much I spent that day, all the polish was £1 or less.....
Navy Spice // Bonfire Night 2018 - Navy Blue & Gold Glitter Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:
Orly // In The Navy (deep navy shimmer)
- Sinful Colors // Pumpkin Spice (red & gold glitter)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
Revlon // Quick Dry Top Coat
Revlon // Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat
MoYou London // Sailor 18 Plate
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig