A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 6 November 2018

SWATCHES: A England // Katherine of Aragon & Katherine Parr

SWATCHES: A England // Katherine of Aragon & Katherine Parr

SWATCHES: A England // Katherine of Aragon & Katherine Parr

SWATCHES: A England // Katherine of Aragon & Katherine Parr

Oh my godddddd, I'm in love. I first heard of A England when browsing through very old Simply Nailogical blog posts and fell in love with the regal, holo-tastic shades. I started following them on instagram and lo and behold they do an offer of 2 polishes for £8 every month; which is great because these cost £11 a pop. 

Lasts months duo were Katherine of Aragon (I just want to say Aragorn...like every time) and Katherine Parr. They just arrived in the post (with free delivery, so £8 you, go check it out, it's a steal) and I've never wanted to slap some polish on my nails more.

I am gobsmacked by the performance of this polish. I thought KoA would be this sheer gold metallic number that would take several coats but no. In one coat this stuff is practically ready to go. And the holo shift; I can't even. 

This is my first time buying polish from an 'indie' brand. And by indie, I mean polishes that you can't get from the store. These are polishes though that don't need anything else; I would happily wear these shades on their own for a week. Which is a challenge for me as I like to change my polish pretty much daily. 

Onto the polishes though....

Katherine of Aragon // A England (10ml - £11)

Katherine of Aragon is a holographic antique champagne that I swear colour-shifts into a darker colour around the edges; although my eyes may be playing tricks on me. You really see the gold though when you sponge this shade; but you do lose a lot of the holo. It's definitely better brushed on however it takes about 5 years to dry, even with a quick dry top coat. When sponged though it dries within a minute.

SWATCHES A England Katherine of Aragon

SWATCHES A England Katherine of Aragon

SWATCHES A England Katherine of Aragon

In fact, I think that's the downfall of these polishes; they're beautiful but they take forever to dry. I ended up doing these swatches several times because they kept smudging or lifting off. However, due to the quality of the polish and that you can get full opacity in one coat it's not a deal breaker.

Katherine Parr // A England (10ml - £11)

On the website this is described as a "lapis lazuli blue scatter holo with a hint of lavender and a subtle pink blush" and whereas this is a stunning lapis lazuli shade it's hard to see the holo and almost impossible to the see pink. These swatches were taken under two daylight toned light boxes and a LED halogen lamp but I still couldn't capture the holo. In broad daylight it's hard to see as well. Not that I'm angry because the detail is still stunning and there's some holo in there but it's more subtle than KoA. For the most part it looks like a blue mixed with silver glitter.

SWATCHES A England Katherine Parr

SWATCHES A England Katherine Parr

Another one-coater and it's done but even with a quick dry top coat it takes hours to properly 'set'.

For November they have Camelot & Perceval which are nowhere near as stunning as these shades however I may have to add them to the cart because I really just want to build up my indie collection more. There are several shades on their website though that have me drooling; like Anne Cleves so after Christmas I may just have to shell out on some more A England.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig