A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 8 November 2020

SWATCHES: China Glaze // Diva Bride, Spring In My Step, My Sweet Lady, Sweet As Pinkie Pie & Magical

SWATCHES China Glaze Diva Bride, Spring In My Step, My Sweet Lady, Sweet As Pinkie Pie & Magical

Ok, it's official; I can't stop buying pink polishes. I actually bought these back in June on the first day that TK Maxx re-opened. I have now just got round to swatching them. My desk has become cluttered with a thousand polishes that need swatching, why did I let them build up?

Diva Bride // Sheer Baby Pink Creme
Collection: ??
Release Date: 2010?
Coats: 3

China Glaze Diva Bride Swatch

China Glaze Diva Bride Swatch

This is a wonderful sheer pink that is streaky on the first and second coats but builds up nicely. It's also super shiny and delicate; perfect for wedding nails. This would also be great as the initial base for rose quartz nails. It does need to be applied slowly and carefully in thin layers but it's worth the extra effort. For fun, I added a red watermarble stamp on top; perfect for valentines looks.

Spring In My Step // Neon Pink Peach Satin Creme
Collection: City Flourish
Release Date: 2014
Coats: 4

China Glaze Spring In My Step Swatch

This one is incredibly streaky with a satin finish but it does dry extremely fast. I love the shade but even after three coats there are still visible streaks and brush marks. This is not a shade where you can just load up the brush as it will flood the sides immediately. The key is to do two very thin coats, then load the brush up as the polish won't run everywhere. 

I will however let it these issues slide because this is the closest I've come so far to finding a dupe for Deco Miami's 'Cake' shade; my favourite neon peach/pink. It's cheap in the US but an arse to import over here.

Even though it needs four coats, this shade does dry extremely fast so overall I'm quite happy; I just wish it was less streaky.

My Sweet Lady // Soft Peony Pink Creme
Collection: Pastels
Release Date: 2017
Coats: 2

China Glaze My Sweet Lady Swatch

This has the best formula so far; not too thin but not too thick and very easy to apply. The first coat is quite streaky but the second coat evens everything out and leaves it super glossy as well. This is almost like a Barry M Gelly formula (but without the self-levelling magic).

Sweet As Pinkie Pie // Soft Peony Pink Creme
Collection: My Little Pony
Release Date: 2017
Coats: 2
China Glaze Sweet As Pinkie Pie Swatch

I thought this was from a newer collection but I guess not. It's still a great shade that seems to magically change depending on skintone, lighting, weather, traffic conditions...honestly google swatches for this shade and they range from light pink to dark peach to hot pink. On me this is a light peachy pink similar to OPIs Barking Up The Wrong Sequoia. I do the love the shade though; these peachy pinks are my favourite this year.

Magical // Rose Gold Metallic Shimmer
Collection: Romantique
Release Date: 2009
Coats: 1
China Glaze Magical Swatch

I was hoping this would be a vintage from 2009 however the bottle has four translations on the front and I'm pretty sure the older ones only had 2. Anyway, this is a one coat wonder with minimal brush strokes thanks to its shimmer finish. If this was a straight up chrome, the brush strokes would be pretty bad but all the shimmery pieces hide the lines.

I'm really impressed with this; it also stamps wonderfully as well thanks to it's intense pigmentation. It's similar to Barry M's Liquid Chrome shade in Razzle Dazzle but I much prefer this one.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are cute. The TK Maxxs I go to hardly have any CGs these days! Plenty Essies though haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I haven't seen any CG in a while and I've noticed they put them at £3.95 these days so there's no difference in the price on NailPolishDirect.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig