A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Saturday 29 December 2018

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica // New Years Eve Nail Designs

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica // New Years Eve Nail Designs

What's this? A nail design with no stamping??


That's right, my first nail design without it since the 30th of September...oh dear god. Also, this is my second look without stamping...I think I have an obsession with stamping. It's just so much fun but clearly I need to put the stamper down.


I actually used some striping tape *le gasp* to create this look. It's the second time I've used tape, the first you can barely see the results back in my Avon Cosmic Lights Collection post. I've strategically taken photos at an angle so you don't see how spectacularly I messed up when placing them. The middle finger is completely off centre and the ring finger is wonky. I tried though.

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica // New Years Eve Nail Designs

I knew from the moment I opened this months Mani & Lola box though that these two shades belonged together, and boy do they make a great couple. This might even end up as my New Year's eve mani as my dress is navy and my bag and shoes are gold. I love how understated the look is but thanks to the glitter it has a real elegant feel to it.

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica // New Years Eve Nail Designs

How To:-
For this look I used one coat of Bohemian Rhapsody and two coats of Merry Whatever. After using a quick dry top coat I applied the striping tape across the nail and then painted on some more of Merry Whatever. You really have to make sure the bottom coat is dry before you apply the tape or it will smudge or lift off (there's a reason you can't see my thumb properly...). Then apply another layer of top coat and bam; ready.

The Royal Splits // China Glaze & Jessica

Polishes/Tools Used:
China Glaze // Merry Whatever (chunky gold holo glitter)
- Jessica // Bohemian Rhapsody (navy blue)
Revlon // Quick Dry Top Coat

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig