A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 24 December 2018

Hit The Birchbox Slopes // Birchbox Advent Calendar 2018 Nails

Hit The Birchbox Slopes // Birchbox Advent Calendar 2018 Nails // Christmas Nails

Oh man, I couldn't leave you all hanging with those terrible Birchbox nails I posted earlier today, so I sat down and did these! They are perhaps my favourite look I've done all month but I just wish my nails hadn't broken the other day so I would've had more room to play with.


Hit The Birchbox Slopes // Birchbox Advent Calendar 2018 Nails // Christmas Nails

So for this design I started off with one coat of Forest which dries to a satin finish but once you apply a top coat it turns into this beautiful deep blue shimmer. I then used the white polish and the Scandi 10 plate to create the mountain range and filled in the gaps as the stamp design does't cover your nail entirely. 

After a layer of top coat, I then used the triangle shape from Tropical 35 in a few different shades. The gray shade was a bit wishy washy and so I had to stamp that one about 4 times but I don't have a stamping polish in that shade. The star is also Scandi 10 and then some snowflakes were added using a combination of Crystal 03 and BP-01.

I'm so happy with how this turned out; especially with all the failures I've had this month. I've got a few more Christmas designs I'd like to do but seeing how there's only one day left, it looks like they'll have to wait for next year!

Hit The Birchbox Slopes // Birchbox Advent Calendar 2018 Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:
Barry M Silk // Forest (deep blue shimmer)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #4 (white)
Avon Gel Shine // Rain Washed (pale blue/grey creme)
Essence The Gel Nail Polish // Pure Beauty (pale dusty pink creme)
Essence The Gel Nail Polish // Perfect Match (dusty rose creme)
Barry M // Plumpy Hi Shine Top Coat
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Scandi 10
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Crystal 03
MoYou London Stamping Plate // Tropical 35
Born Pretty Stamping Plate // BP-01

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig