A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 30 August 2020

SWATCHES: OPI Infinite Shine // Barking up the Wrong Sequoia, Excuse Me, Big Sir! & Malibu Pier Pressure

SWATCHES: OPI Infinite Shine // Barking up the Wrong Sequoia, Excuse Me, Big Sir! & Malibu Pier Pressure

SWATCHES: OPI Infinite Shine // Barking up the Wrong Sequoia, Excuse Me, Big Sir! & Malibu Pier Pressure

I keep buying pink nail polish and somehow it doesn't match anything else I have. It must be some kind of miracle...

I found these in TK Maxx the other day and I threw them in my basket like g2g fast. These shades are who I want to be. I had seen Malibu Pier Pressure on Nail Polish Direct but I didn't want to fork out £9 for it and then it appeared in TK for £3.99. And it's the infinite shine versions which are always more expensive; I am one very happy nail polish hoarder right now.

All Infinite Shine shades take a little longer to dry but the formula is much better than the originals. A few other blog posts I read for this collection noted that the originals were very thick and gloopy and required thinning out. I found all of these shades fine straight out of the bottle. As always, I'm not wearing any top coat in the swatches.

Barking up the Wrong Sequoia // Peach Creme
Collection: California Dreaming
Release Date: 2017
Coats: 2

OPI Infinite Shine Barking up the Wrong Sequoia Swatch - California Dreaming

My heart sang when I saw this shade; it's exactly what I wanted Coral-ing Your Spirit Animal to be. This is a beautiful, pure peach shade with a self-leveling formula. The first coat is a little streaky but two coats and you're good to go. 

Excuse Me, Big Sir! // Neutral Rose Creme
Collection: California Dreaming
Release Date: 2017
Coats: 2

OPI Infinite Shine Excuse Me Big Sir Swatch - California Dreaming

This is such a nice pink. I can't get over how perfect this pink is. It's very similar to Barry M's Tropical Pink if you're looking for a dupe. If you apply a thick coat slowly you can get away with one coat but I've found that two thin coats dries faster.

Malibu Pier Pressure // Hot Pink Creme
Collection: California Dreaming
Release Date: 2017
Coats: 2

OPI Infinite Shine Malibu Pier Pressure Swatch - California Dreaming

This one was the trickiest to apply with coats being streaky and fast drying but two coats even everything out. I wish summer wasn't almost over and I wish I could go on holiday because this shade deserves more than a dreary rainy afternoon in England.

// Verdict

I had seen this collection before and it's right up my street. I don't want all of them but there's a few others I've got my eye on like Sweet Carmel Sunday which is a metallic rose gold. I managed to get the main shades I wanted though for less than half the price. Thank you TK Maxx!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These looks okay, I know you love your peachy oranges! I do like the last one mind you :-D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig