A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 23 August 2020

STAMPING PLATES: MoYou London // Lieve91 Collab

STAMPING PLATES: MoYou London // Lieve91 Collab

Another day, another stamping plate release from MoYou London but this one is a collab with my favourite nail artist; Lieve91 aka Anya. If you don't know who lieve91 is, please go take a quick look at her instagram, marvel, gasp and then come back. She is the reason I'm now trying to step up my game and learn how to paint properly. Even though we're the same age, I hope one day I can grow up to be as good her. So of course, I had to buy this plate and support her.

This plate features a few designs from other popular sold out MoYou plates, like the palm trees and checker board but what made it special for me was the overlapping leaf designs, fire and drip stamp. Anya does countless beautiful hand-painted leaf mani's that I can only dream of achieving. So whilst I'm still practicing my acrylic skills I can use this plate (and the recent paradise collection).


I decided to re-create one of Anya's look that she re-created with this plate. Here's the original handpainted version:


And the one she did with the plate:


And mine:

STAMPING PLATES: MoYou London // Lieve91 Collab

STAMPING PLATES: MoYou London // Lieve91 Collab

Yikes. I'm still not the best stamper in this world; I just don't understand why I can't get a clean stamp. I have a theory that MoYou just use Photoshop's powerful spot healing tool to remove the gaps in the stamp. I don't as I feel it's not really representative of what can be done. I only use it if I spot rogue bits of polish on my skin. The flame one I attempted several times but it always missed polish in the exact same spots. But who knows?

Anyway, congrats to Anya for her collab! This plate has now sold out as of posting this (it's been 2 days since it released) and whereas MoYou say they don't restock anymore, I would keep an eye out and they actually do.

Polishes/Tools Used:-
- Zoya // Sawyer (coral), Neely (sage)
- Twinkled T // Tickled (pink), Glow Up (white - stamped), Vibin' (black)
- Ciaté // White Heat (white background)
- H&M // Ice Cold Milk (sheer white used for light detail)
- MoYou London // Bora Bora (green on eye)
- Maniology // Maui Gold (yellow)
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig