A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Summer Lovin' // Birchbox August 2019 Nails

Arabesque Tile Peach Pastel Summer Nails Birchbox August 2019

Arabesque Tile Peach Pastel Summer Nails Birchbox August 2019

Oh man do I love this box design. I think this is quite possibly the longest I have spent doing a nail design as well; it took me a good couple of hours trying to get the pattern just right. I love how it turned out and this is now my favourite look I've done so far. I literally can't stop staring at my nails and I kind of wish I hadn't worn a peel off basecoat so I could wear it for longer but I'm glad I get to keep the peelies. I can always do this again. I actually really liked how the pattern looked with just the gold and peach/pink shades so I think I'll do that.

I would've loved to have gotten the ombre effect in some of the patterns but that's beyond me right now. I tried and originally had a base that was a faded mix of orange and pink but it didn't look all that great so I stamped over it.

Arabesque Tile Peach Pastel Summer Nails Birchbox August 2019

Arabesque Tile Peach Pastel Summer Nails Birchbox August 2019

How I did it:-
I picked up the pattern off the Moyou Arabesque 06 plate using the gold polish and filled in random holes with the gold on each nail. I then took my time and filled in the rest of the stamp with the remaining colours. This was time consuming and took way longer than I thought it would as sometimes you can touch the design a little too much with the dotting tool and disturb the design. Once you've finished with the reverse stamping, I applied some liquid latex, let that dry and then applied a layer of topcoat to my nails. After letting it dry for around 30 seconds I then stamped on the design and applied a layer of matte topcoat after clean up.

Summer Lovin' // Birchbox August 2019 Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:
Born Pretty // #1 (gold)
Nails Inc // Peach Tease (pale peach), Hot Fuzz (coral peach), 
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails // Giant Peach (pink peach)
- Jessica // Bohemian Rhapsody (navy blue)
Cuccio Colour // Water You Doing? (deep violet)
Mavala // Coral Bay (dark pink coral)
Barry M // Matte Top Coat
MoYou London // Arabesque 06 Plate
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig