A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 14 June 2019

SWATCHES: H&M // Sonho Tropical, Sunseeker, Cantaloupe

SWATCHES: H&M // Sonho Tropical, Sunseeker, Cantaloupe

So many H&M polishes; so little time.

Sonho Tropical // Dark Pink Shimmer


H&M Sonho Tropical Swatch Nail Polish

H&M Sonho Tropical Swatch Nail Polish

I feel like I already have this shade but I don't know where it is lol. It looks suspiciously like an OPI one. H&M shades already remind me of a lot of OPI polishes so perhaps that's where they get their inpso from. This is a great shimmery pink shade for all your flamingo needs (my flamingo stamping plate just arrived so that's gonna get used with this as some point). I'm wearing two coats as the first is a bit see through. 

Sunseeker // Gold Glitter/Shimmer


H&M Sunseeker Swatch Nail Polish

H&M Sunseeker Swatch Nail Polish

The glittery chunks in this shade are a bit to large for it to be a true shimmer but it's very nice and doesn't need many coats. I really like this shade; it's kind of a brassy gold/yellow but for once it doesn't bother me. I think this would go nice with some green shades and a palm leaf mani. At first I thought this was exactly the same as Nefertiti from a previous swatch post but this one is much warmer and yellow.

Cantaloupe // Mustard Creme


H&M Cantaloupe Swatch Nail Polish

H&M Cantaloupe Swatch Nail Polish

This is basically the creme version of Haute Heat in the same collection and I much prefer it. The shimmer version isn't one of my favourite shades. For me this is a great summer shade and it will go nicely with the other cremes The Heat is On and Sun on Clay. I can see a perfect orange sunset ombre with those 3.

I will say though that this shade really stains your nails. I had it on for a day using a peel off basecoat and when I took it off it looked like I had a 90-a-day smoking habit. I couldn't believe how yellow they were.

Stamping Abilities
(I swear I took pictures of these but then lost them....whoops)
Sunseeker is very weak and I'd only use it to add a glitter top to certain parts of designs. Sonho Tropical does well with detail but is quite sheer and probably better on top of white. Cantaloupe does well though. I don't think it would be as pigmented on top of darker colours.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig