A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Wednesday 5 June 2019

BEAUTY BOX: Look Fantastic June 2019 Review

BEAUTY BOX: Look Fantastic June 2019 Review

BEAUTY BOX: Look Fantastic June 2019 Review

Man, it's so weird to be doing an unboxings again, it's been almost a year. Anyway, I did a video if you prefer to watch those instead or keep on scrolling for the text version!


I will update this post later on in the month as well, detailing how I got on with the products. So make sure to check the 'Recently Updated' tab at the top of the page. 

Anyway, I think my attitude towards boxes have definitely changed since I was last blogging them as I'm no longer mad at Look Fantastic. They used to inflate their box prices and always include the same type of products but all this year I've been super happy with every box. June's is no exception. I know some may be angry at the tiny samples, however when you have 6 box subscriptions, I'm quite grateful for the samples because I get through them quicker, I get to try more items faster and it's fun. Plus this months box has a pretty decent value for only £13 with most products being on the more expensive side as well. 

Dry & Sensitive Eyelid Cream // SVR
15ml Full Size - RRP £15

Described as an eye cream for those with sensitive itchy eyes, I'm looking forward to using this now the hayfever season is well underway. Right now I can't live without my Piriton and my eyes are always the most affected so this was actually a really good inclusion for this month considering so many of us suffer from hayfever. It also gives 24 hour hydration and eases redness and discomfort; just what the doctor ordered.

Peeling Mask // Ecooking
15ml Sample - RRP £11.10 (0.74 per ml based on 50ml for £37)

Oh man I love this brand. I've tried so many other sample products from them before and I've loved every one. The packaging is also really cute and I love the glass jars; I'll probably recycle them into glitter/rhinestone jars. Anyway, this mask actually has a really low pH value of 3.5 (so it's super acidic), therefore your face will probably feel like it's burning and go red but they say this is supposed to happen so it's all good. I would recommend a patch test though if your skin is sensitive. Ecooking say to use this for only 4-6 minutes at first and then gradually increase it up to 10 as you use it more. It smells a little like PVA glue but I can't wait to give it a try.

EGF Serum // Bioeffect
3ml Sample - RRP £25 (8.30 per ml based on 15ml for £125...)

Such a tiny sample, however, at £125 for 15ml I'm not really mad because that's a great sample size for the price of the product. Bioeffect also only recommend using 2-4 drops so this will last quite a while. They have some bold claims about what this can do for anti-ageing properties so I'll be keeping an eye on my skin over the month. 

Surf Spray // Bumble & Bumble
15ml Sample - RRP £2.40 (0.16 per ml based on 125ml for £20)

You could've received a volumising spray instead but I'm glad I got this one as my hair doesn't need anymore volume. I'm worried about how much this may dry my hair out however it feels soft and isn't too sticky. They only problem is that it isn't very inclusive as B&B state its for those with straight/wavy fine/medium hair and I have thick, course semi-afro hair. I'll give it a try though.

Chamomile Softening Soap // Korres
125g Full Size - RRP £5.50

Soap has come a long way since ye olden days and I'm looking forward to giving this one a go. It has a light, pleasant and calming scent and feels very waxy. Korres says it's glycerin based so it should be ultra moisturising. It can be used for both face and the body so we'll see how it goes.

Lift-Structure Ultra Lifting Cream // Filorga
7ml Sample - RRP £9.10 (1.30 per ml based on 50ml for £65)

And then last but not least is a tiny sample from Filorga. I'd say this is my least favourite item in the box mainly because I'm not a fan of Filorga. Look Fantastic love including them in the box but they just don't do anything, to me they're just overpriced creams. Filorga say this can either be a day or night cream and has anti-ageing properties to tone and firm but most products from them all look the same and are pretty vague about what they do. This will be used in a few days though so I'll report back soon.

// Box Value
// 6 Items // 2 Full Size // 4 Samples
// £68.10 Estimated Worth

Overall, not a bad box, the serum is heavily appreciated, it's not everyday you get to try skincare that costs over £100 and the Ecooking mask and eye creams will be used immediatly. I think Look Fantastic should reduce their box size though to maybe that of the Birchbox size, it seems they're going more down the sample route and whereas that doesn't bother me (it is only £13 a month after all) the size of the box and all the waste packaging does bother me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to next months as I love Elemis! The sneak peak for July is their hydro-balance day cream.

Monthly - £15
3 Months - £14.50
6 Months - £13.75
12 Months - £13
All options are billed monthly and include P&P
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig