A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 20 June 2019

Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Ah June's box is here! And it's like they heard my request for some brighter summery colours after last month as some beautiful bright hues were included. The Zoya shade is particularly stunning. This months box is a great all-rounder with even some new ranges included! Lets get straight into it. 

If you prefer to watch unboxings, check out the video below, it even includes swatches. Or you can keep on reading for the text version :)


10 Wipes Full Size - RRP £10.25

OPi Wipe Off Acetone Free Wipes Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Great for those on the go, these wipes are formulated without acetone. And whereas I've not had a great experience with acetone free remover these wipes definitely changed my mind: clearly I've just not tried actually good acetone free remover. These wipes have actually shocked me. I loaded up my other hand with a basecoat, all the colours from this box plus an A-England & an all glitter polish and it removed everything in under 5 minutes. I'd watch the video for the results. Plus there was no scent apart from subtle lavender every now and then. My fingers were left moisturised (although the tell-tale remove white marks appeared once the liquid from the wipe evaporated but it was no where near as bad as pure acetone). I wish they did this formula in a bottle but they only have normal acetone free remover which doesn't appear to be the same. I'd highly recommend these if you need to remove your polish on the go and don't want to lug a nail bag around with you.

River // Zoya
15ml Full Size - RRP £11.70

Collection: Wanderlust
Release Date: Summer 2017

Zoya River Swatch Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Zoya River Swatch Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Described by Zoya as a "shimmering cobalt blue", I think this is a great polish to include in a summer box. When I first saw the sneak peak I instantly thought of what Cody Ko refers to as "blue-ass water" and I now want to do some pool/ocean mani's with it. This is a seriously sparkly shade that needs at least 2 coats for added depth. I don't know if I'd wear it by itself but I think it would go perfectly with white and some palm leaves. Unfortunately you don't get that purple shift you see in the bottle but the shade is still stunning by itself. I think I like it even more with the Cuccio matte top coat though as it gives it a silk finish and feels more tropical; I love it.

Water You Doing? // Cuccio
13ml Full Size - RRP £6.95

Collection: Heatwave
Release Date: Summer 2019

Cuccio Water You Doing? Swatch Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Cuccio Water You Doing? Swatch Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

Oh man I'm so happy to see a shade from this collection. I would've preferred Seriously Celsius which is this beautiful olive/yellow green shade but I love anything Cuccio so this is very welcome. This is a bright bold dark purple that needs at least two coats. I'm not sure what I would use it with yet but it does match my skintone quite nicely and it mattes well.

Coral Bay // Mavala
5ml Full Size - RRP £5.20

Collection: Colour Inspiration
Release Date: Summer 2017


Mavala Coral Bay Swatch Mani & Lola June 2019 // Nail Subscription Box

This is a super bright one coat wonder. This is a beautiful deep coral and looks even better matte. It annoys me that Mavala only sell in 5ml sizes as I think they cost a bit too much for the size; especially considering you can pick up 13ml Cuccio for £5.95. Even Barry M and H&M are 8ml/10ml sizes and they cost £3.99 or less and are just as good formula wise. I do like the shade though and it applies nicely so I'll let them off.

Matte Top Coat // Cuccio
13ml Full Size - RRP £8.95

OK, I am seriously impressed by this matte top coat. I've been collecting various brands in the hopes of doing a comparison video and the best one I had found so far is the Barry M one however, it takes a while to dry and sometimes causes the polish to bubble. This one dries almost instantly leaving the polish smooth. However, if it weren't for the fact that I read an amazon review stating that it left white spots in their mani, I would've just thought it was a fluke. I used this with each polish in this box and at least one had a white spot that developed after a few minutes. For me it's not such a big problem but if you're using this for clients it's a big no-no.

// Box Totals //
5 Items - All Full Size
Estimated Value - £43.05

// Verdict

Last month I found the two shades included to be too similar and frankly a little boring for spring and hoped that this months would include some bright tropical summery shades; I got exactly what I wanted. Whereas there are no greens or yellows, we did get three super bright polishes that all apply beautifully and a matte top coat to create those essential matte summer looks. I think River by Zoya and the OPI wipes are by far my favourite products this month.

Next month I hope we get some brushes or tools as I haven't really seen any in the box, like a good angular brush for clean-up or to practice the one-stroke technique with (i'm getting better...very slowly) along with a a vibrant leaf green. It'd be nice to see a stamping plate however, I have so many I feel I'd already have anything they include...maybe I should stop buying stamping plates...lol that will never happen.


Monthly - £20
3 Months - £62.85
6 Months - £113.70
12 Months - £203.40
£2.95 p&p every month
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig