A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 19 July 2021

NailNerdChallenge July 2021 // Fruit Nails

Pop art Pineapple reverse stamping nails NailNerdChallenge July 2021 // Fruit Nails

It's time for another set of challenge nails! This weeks prompt is "Fruit" and I've had this design on a false nail for ages but I just never got round to actually creating it in full on my nails but this was the perfect prompt!

Pop art Pineapple reverse stamping nails NailNerdChallenge July 2021 // Fruit Nails

It's summery, fresh and definitely fruity! Plus not one stamping polish in sight; I'm starting to get good at reverse stamping now. For this look I did two coats of Sweet As Pinkie Pie, then picked up the pineapple stamps using My Showcase Pink and then filled them in on the stamper with Honolulu Blues and Yellow (great name Barry M lol). I topped it off with a glossy topcoat. 

Pop art Pineapple reverse stamping nails NailNerdChallenge July 2021 // Fruit Nails

This one took a while to do due to the reverse stamping. You need to make sure it's dry before you stamp or will smudge but then your base has also dried so you either need to apply a sticky basecoat or a layer of topcoat and stamp just before it loses it's stickiness but won't smudge the polish underneath. I need to get at least 5 stampers so I can just do one after the other and fill them all in at the same time.

NailNerdChallenge July 2021 // Fruit Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:
Nails:
- China Glaze // Sweet As Pinkie Pie (pink)
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat

Stamping:
- Kure Bazaar // My Showcase Pink (fuschia)
- Barry M Nail Paint // 134 Yellow
- Beau Nail Polish // Honolulu Blues (blue)
- Maniology Stamping Plate // M051
SHARE:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig