A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 23 July 2021

SWATCHES: Models Own & OPI // Suede & The Sun Never Sets

SWATCHES: Models Own & OPI // Suede & The Sun Never Sets

I saw these two in TK Maxx at the weekend. I had no intention of buying polish but I couldn't help myself (who can?) They are pink/peach and I'm a pink/peach fiend :D

Models Own HyperGel // Suede (dusty pink creme)
Collection: Dare To Bare
Release: Autumn 2016
Coats: 2

Models Own HyperGel Suede Swatch

Models Own HyperGel Suede Swatch

Models Own HyperGel Suede Swatch

Oh I love this shade. It's such a beautiful dusty pink with a hint of lavender. It reminds me of H&M's Chalky Pink but this is lighter. Apparently this was part of a limited edition set and there are 4 other shades in the collection. 2 are nudes that would look amazing on much darker skintones but there is a peach shade which I have to have. There is a local Beauty Outlet store near me and they stock a lot of Models Own nail polish so I'm gonna go have a peruse to see if they have it.

The formula is strange though, I was expecting something along the lines of Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine but it's way too streaky. I stopped at 2 coats because it takes a while to dry but there were still visible streaks. You also need to apply this in 3 swipes or less because dragging occurs. The finish is shiny but not plumpy or smooth like gel. Still, I love the shade...just dislike the formula.

OPI Infinite Shine // The Sun Never Sets (cantaloupe creme)
Collection: Infinite Shine Summer
Release: Summer 2015
Coats: 3

OPI The Sun Never Sets Infinite Shine Swatch

OPI The Sun Never Sets Infinite Shine Swatch

Oh my, what a shade! When I got home I immediately looked this shade up to see what collection it belonged to and there are some beautiful shades in this 2015 summer release. I'm in love with You're Blushing Again, Patience Pays off, Lavendurable, S-Ageless Beauty and especially Bee Mine Forever...another collection to try and purchase.

But this beautiful orange; it's like the non-neon version of China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy V2. The formula is a bit disappointing as this is always streaky. I stopped at 3 coats but there are still some streaks. I really love the shade though so I'm going to let it slide.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice shades. I especially like the pink one, it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig