A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 12 November 2019

Rock Mermaid // Iridescent Mermaid Scales Nail Art

Rock Mermaid // Iridescent Mermaid Scales Nail Art

This look came about whilst I was messing around when swatching the new Green Origin range and I noticed that the H&M Will-O-The-Wisp topper looks absolutely amazing on top of dark green/teal shades. Please excuse the chips in the next photos as I needed some daylight to capture the shift and I did the manicure at night.

Rock Mermaid // Iridescent Mermaid Scales Nail Art

I even did a video! And I'm talking in it! But I won't be posting it lol, I'm not ready yet, I did enjoy filming though as it took my mind of work and stopped me from spending every moment of my time programming. Even though I only have a small little area to film in I'm going to try and film something every Saturday as it forces me to try out new nail art techniques as well.

Rock Mermaid // Iridescent Mermaid Scales Nail Art

Back to the look though, I really loved wearing this and the shift kind of reminds me the oil slick Avon polishes that I reviewed a while ago. The white stamping could be a lot brighter as well however I'm struggling to find an opaque white stamping polish that I can easily buy within the UK. Maniology's Bam White seems to be pretty good however their shipping is $10 and I have to stay under $15 otherwise I get hit with an £9 import fee plus 20% tax. It's the same for Twinkled T as well. I think I may turn to Etsy as I've seen some interesting polishes on there from little indie brands operating in Europe.

Polishes/Tools Used:-
Barry M Green Origin // Rock Pool (teal),  Diamond Glitter (scattered holo)
- H&M // Will-o-The-Wisp (purple/blue shimmer)
Nicole Diary  // Born Perfect (white)
Orly Wont Chip  // Chip Resistant Top Coat (.....I have no words)
Born Pretty Plate // 109
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh wow that is some topper! Hmmm need to check it out in H&M! Seriously lovely mani :-D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig