A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 14 November 2019

REVIEW: Cutex // Nail Treatment Stained Nail Corrector

REVIEW: Cutex // Nail Treatment Stained Nail Corrector - Before and After

So recently I've been sporting some super horrible looking yellow nails thanks to H&M's Cantaloupe shade. I love that bright yellow mustard but it just ruins the colour of your natural nails. I love doing negative space as well but my nails just look so ugly and stained that I can't do anything until its grown out. 

Cue this new Cutex product that I found in Superdrug. I'm a bit wary of these 'nail correctors' as they just seem to be a glorified base coat with some purple shimmer in it to and offset the yellow (as per the colour wheel) and this is exactly what that is with an added sheer cream tint.

As you can see my middle finger is horrendously stained and here's how the product looks with 1 and 2 coats:
REVIEW: Cutex // Nail Treatment Stained Nail Corrector - Before and After

It honestly looks like I've just applied a sheer creme polish which is kind of unacceptable for £7.99. Especially when I have many sheer polishes that cost less than that. Cutex says this treatment "utilises optical brightening particles to neutralize yellow tones and make nails instantly whiter". This is a bunch of science jargon. The "optical brightening particles" are nothing more than blue/purple shimmer pieces found in practically any shimmer polish and this does not make your nails instantly whiter; just milky white with some streaks.

I really disappointed because I love Cutex's acetone range and its the only stuff that I use so I was hoping that this would be something different than the usual cheaper stuff. I mean this is practically identical to the Essence Brightening primer which is £2.

I think I was hoping that this would help remove the stain with repeated use as it is labelled as a 'treatment' but it doesn't. You just have to wait it out. I miss doing negative designs. Eurgh, damn you mustard shades and your cuteness!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Pity it didn't work at that price! That's almost half a Chanel!!!!

    It get stained nails from time to time, but not too bothered as they are normally always painted anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig