A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 10 April 2020

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

Brace yourselves, it hit 18 DEGREES today...in a pandemic. I'm back home at my beach town and I can't go out and enjoy icecream on the beach because Resident Evil decided to become reality. So instead, I brought summer indoors and matched my mani to this glorious exfoliating body wash I bought from Hollister in the Autumn. Every time I used it I wanted to recreate that gradient and the entire mani just turned out better than I thought it would.

Brace yourselves again though because *drumroll* there is a video!


A real video with the whole process filmed. I really need to invest in a desk tripod for my DSLR because at the moment it feels like it's five light years away and I have to keep propping my hand up with boxes so you can actually see my hand.

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

I took 250 photos of this look; that's how much I loved it. When I saw the design in my head I honestly didn't think it would turn out this well. There are some rough edges (I'm not a pro) but practice makes perfect!

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

I think this is one of the best gradients I've ever done...that said I tend to say that about every gradient I do. I'm just surprised at how well I managed to match the colors given 75% of my collection is trapped in quarantine at the house share I live in. 

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

This was my test decal that I did and I must be getting better at drawing because I did not expect the lines to turn out so neat. To achieve this I got the logo off google, resized it in PhotoShop and then traced it off my monitor onto white paper. I then placed the paper underneath a clear nail art mat and traced again but with polish! I then applied some top coat; let it dry and peeled it off. Now I know this works the possibilities are endless!

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

This photo was taken in direct sunlight and I added some letters; they definitely need some work as they're not as neat as I wanted but I didn't change brushes. So I'm blaming it on the too-thick brush.

MATCH THAT MANI // Hollister Blackcurrant & Vanilla Body Wash Nails

Polishes/Tools Used:-
- MoYou London // Orchid Chic (purple), Mint Condition (blue)
- OPI Infinite Shine // Rice Rice Baby (dark pink)
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine // Tropical Pink (pink)
- H&M // Space Race (silver holo)

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Looks great! Love it :-D

    It is like Resident Evil without the zombies haha! Big Res fan :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some 'zombies' hanging around the streets lol. No one has any idea what to do with themselves.

      And same! Resident Evil 2 (original) is one of my favourite games of all time!

      Delete
    2. Res 4 for me - played on Gamecube and PS2 the most! Do you like the movies too?

      Delete
    3. The movies are awful and I love all of them 😂 Absolute pure cheese.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig