A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 12 April 2020

MATCH THAT MANI: Morrisons Exotic Palm Scented Diffuser // Peach & Green Tropical Leaf Design


More peach! More Monstera! This doesn't exactly match...it's more "inspired that mani".... I had to peel myself away from the home aisle in Morrisons as a reed diffuser isn't exactly a necessity in these times. So instead I took a photo and then created these nails.

MATCH THAT MANI: Morrisons Exotic Palm Scented Diffuser // Peach & Green Tropical Leaf Design


I will probably try again using more exact colours but I was having a bit too much fun swirling all the acrylic paint around on my mat and ended up with more vibrant greens than blue/greens.

 Morrisons Exotic Palm Scented Diffuser // Peach & Green Tropical Leaf Design

I did think about doing every nail but I thought it might be too overpowering so I settled on some lighter peach nails. Once the whole mani was done the bare nails felt like they were missing something and I rummaged round the tiny stash I brought with me and found a pack of broken holo nail stickers from essence and they added just the right amount of detail. (They also only cost 99p, bargain!)
 Morrisons Exotic Palm Scented Diffuser // Peach & Green Tropical Leaf Design

I can't stop staring at my hand; I wish I could say I hand drew this but I would be telling giant lies. I stamped on the design in a light green and then painted the detail on top. It's fun and oddly therapeutic. I used a white stamping polish on my little finger but the white sticks out in some places and it did blend as nicely as the green.

 Morrisons Exotic Palm Scented Diffuser // Peach & Green Tropical Leaf Design


Polishes/Tools Used:-
- Daisy DND // Peach Buff (light peach), Havin' Cabbler (dark peach)
- MoYou London // Hello Absinthe (olive green)
- Pebeo Studio Gouache // 11 Blanc, 48 Primary Yellow, 42 Emerald Green, 49 Cyan
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy // Diamond Top Coat
- Barry M // Matte Top Coat
- MoYou London Stamping Plates // #Summervibes 02 & 04
- Essence // Broken Holo Nail Stickers

*psssttt happy easter every one! I'm gorging my way through a 12 pack of cream eggs...no regrats.
SHARE:

4 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig