A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Thursday 28 November 2019

Won't Get Foiled Again // White Marble & Gold Foil Nail Art

Won't Get Foiled Again // White Marble & Gold Foil Nail Art

I love this look, I think I've got the marble smoosh technique down. It's a shame that the top coat smeared the design and I have a broken half nail for an index finger. It reminds me of that scene in Scary Movie 2 when the butler guy is like "take my strong hand!"

Smooshing is so easy as well and requires minimal cleanup. I always start with with one coat of the main base colour (in this case it would be white), then paint a layer of the same colour onto a silicone mat. Whilst it's still wet, I use a dotting tool to run veins of the second polish through the base and then quickly pick it up with a stamper and smoosh it a little to help them mix together. You then just simply stamp on your nails.

Won't Get Foiled Again // White Marble & Gold Foil Nail Art

After adding a matte top coat (which was the smear offender), I then pulled out some gold leaf foil sheets. The ones I used are from Mont Marte and cost me £3 for 25 sheets. Yes you read that correctly. Gold leaf is crazy expensive when you buy the ones that are specifically marketed for nails, all you need to do is buy the gold leaf sheets used in crafts for a fraction of the price. To get the little flakes, you can pick up parts of the foil with a stamper and break it up into little pieces and stamp it on the nail. Gold leaf can be a little tricky to handle and I find the stamper trick keeps it all from going all over the place.

Won't Get Foiled Again // White Marble & Gold Foil Nail Art

Polishes/Tools Used:
- Nicole Diary // Born Perfect (white)
- A-England // Camelot (black)
- Mont Marte // Gold Leaf
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks good, I like the addition of the gold :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just couldn't leave it alone.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig