A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 10 November 2019

SWATCHES: Barry M Green Origin Collection

SWATCHES: Barry M Green Origin Collection

I love Barry M, they make great polish for an extremely affordable price and their new range is no exception. I first saw the mustard shade (Butterscotch) and had to have it. After wearing it, I went out and bought the rest of the collection as Boots had a 3 for 2. Unfortunately, the last shade, Down to Earth, still escapes me but it's a lighter nude shade similar to Mushroom so I'm not missing too much. I do think this is a perfect range for autumn and winter with every single shade is a one coat wonder. They don't stamp well though which is strange considering the pigmentation but they're not advertised as such so it's ok. I can't recommend this range enough, Barry M never fail to impress when it comes to their nail polish and I wish they'd focus more on it than their makeup range which is just nowhere near as good.

Night Sky // Dark Blue Creme

Barry M Night Sky Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

Barry M Night Sky Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

Aptly named as I now reach for this whenever I need to do a night look; Night Sky is a one coat wonder. It did take me a while to clean up though as this really stains the skin. If you're going to be wearing this shade for a while, I'd recommend a couple layers of stain-protecting base coat just too make sure it doesn't stain your nails as well.

Butterscotch // Caramel Brown Creme

Barry M Butterscotch Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

Barry M Butterscotch Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

This was the shade that caught my eye because I love these mustard polishes; even if they stain my nails like crazy. This one is definitely more on the brown spectrum though and I love it. This is a perfect shade for Autumn and winter. Ready in one coat, I would recommend applying a red flakie top coat for ultimate cozy vibes.

Red Sea // Burgundy Creme 

Barry M Red Sea Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

I love this shade, it is the perfect colour of red. I hate bright red anything and much prefer the darker, rusted tones of red and this fits the bill perfectly. It's rich, shiny and will probably stain your nails like a bitch. I wish Zoya did a PixieDust shade in this colour, it would be amazing. In other news, Barry M have brought out a new matte texture range that is basically the Pixiedust, so hopefully they will because I can't be spending £11.90 on just 1 polish.

Boysenberry // Magenta Creme

Barry M Boysenberry Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

I didn't think I'd like this when I bought it, I'm just a hoe for having full collections (it hurts that still don't have the last one in this range) but once I got this on my nails; I love it. It's a deep purple reminiscent of Nailberry shade Fashionista.

Evergreen // Dark Green Creme

Barry M Evergreen Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

My camera did not want to take proper photos of this shade. It is a super dark green creme, but in the light, you can tell that its green but the white balance just kept ruining the photo so these photos are slightly edited to make the colour more like how it is in person. This shade is similar to Nails Inc Girls Got Goals but not quite as dark. It's also one of the weaker shades and just cuts it as a one-coater. It also has more of jelly formula to it as well.

Mushroom // Dark Mauve Creme

Barry M Mushroom Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

Barry M Mushroom Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

This comes out a lot darker than what's in the bottle and once it was on my nails I realised it's pretty similar to OPI's Berlin There Done That (of which I have two of....). It's a nice neutral brown shade, nothing to get really excited about. I wish it was a little lighter but this looks much better with a  matte top coat.

Rock Pool // Dark Teal Creme

Barry M Rock Pool Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

Barry M Rock Pool Swatch - Barry M Green Origins Collection

I think this one is my favourite just because it was a dream to apply, the formula is buttery smooth and not too runny but not too thick. I also love how this looks with an iridescent top coat on and some holo.

£3.99 Each
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig