A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 22 July 2019

Beauty Box Review // Look Fantastic July 2019

Beauty Box Review // Look Fantastic July 2019

Beauty Box Review // Look Fantastic July 2019

For the first year of my sub I never really liked Look Fantastic and seriously considered quitting; however I then stopped wearing makeup and focused more on skincare and now I really love the box and get annoyed when it includes makeup. I've enjoyed using all the products in this months box and I'm looking forward to next months; even if it does include a makeup brush but I can use that dust off glitter when doing my nails so it's all good.

20ml Travel Size - RRP £19.10

I love Elemis products but they're way out of my price range so I always love receiving them in boxes. My favourite so far has been the pro-collegen marine cream (that stuff works miracles) and the Peptide night serum (it smells like pudding). This is the only product in the box I haven't used yet as I still haven't used up the Emma Hardie moisturiser from the last box (or was it May?? I can't remember). I'm looking forward to using this.

Vitamasques // Gold Eye Pads
1 Sachet Full Size - RRP £5.99

I'm surprised that one pack is full size for £6 as this was nice but I don't feel it's worth £6. After using my eyes didn't look any different but the eye area felt moisturised. I feel like this is one of those products where you have to continuously use them to see the benefits and I just don't have that kind of money.

Aromatherapy Associates // Revive Body Gel
40ml Travel Size - RRP £12 

I was super excited to see this because I love the bath & shower oils from AA; they just smell amazing and this smells just like the Revive shower oil and so I slathered it all over my body fresh out of the shower and loved the cool, refreshing feeling. After five minutes though my skin began to itch and feel incredibly tight. This is not a moisturiser and I had to apply my normal Body Shop body butter afterwards and I lost the great smell. On their website they say you can use this directly over tights which is weird but I think this is meant more as a mood lifter that you apply to pulse points. It smells amazing and I think 40ml is a great size if applying sparingly but too small for a full body moisturiser.

1 Mitt Full Size - RRP £11.90

I have about 7 of those Magi-tone wipe cloths and they just don't work for me. I see these types of products like face wipes; they just drag the skin and don't remove all the dirt. This is just a microfiber cloth; there is nothing special about it. I like the mitt shape more than the standard cloth and I like using this to remove face masks or left over bits of my face scrub. I wouldn't pay £12 for this though when you can buy microfiber cloths for like a quid.

4g Full Size - RRP £15

These are now completely sold out on Eyeko and Look Fantastic (who were selling 3 shades for £15) so I have a feeling they are discontinued. It's ok. I used it a couple of times but like I said; I don't really wear makeup anymore. I used this as an eyeliner and then smudged it for a smoky eye effect and it was relatively easy to use. I wouldn't purchase it though as it creases easily and the shade kind of looks like dirt.

200ml Full Size - RRP £9.25

Beauty Box Review // Look Fantastic July 2019

Finally a Naobay product in the box again! This is perhaps my favourite product this month as it smells like fruity heaven. Honestly they need to make a drink of this product. I used to be obsessed with micellar water and went through the Garnier one like water but then I became a fan of the Korean 2 step cleansing method and I don't have any use for it anymore but I've been using this just to refresh my face in the morning and it's just lovely. I have nothing but good words about this product. It's just a shame that Naobay is so difficult to get hold of the UK.

// Box Value
// 6 Items // 4 Full Size // 2 Travel Size
// £58.24 Estimated Worth

A great box this month with interesting and varied products and not one sample size in sight! Please take note Birchbox, you are after all the same price...I'm not sure if I would buy anything from this box but it was nice to try out. The micellar water I'm torn on though because it smells and feels so good but £10 is a lot for a face refresher. I've decanted it into a spray bottle to take on the go with me as well to use it up. I have no complaints this month though which is a rarity! 

Monthly - £15
3 Months - £14.50
6 Months - £13.75
12 Months - £13
All options are billed monthly and include P&P

psst.. the sneak peak for August is the Luxie 737 Tapered Highlighter brush wirth £26.50. I have a few luxie brushes and they're quite nice.

Beauty Box Review // Look Fantastic July 2019

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig