A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Sunday 7 July 2019

Blog Update // Moving Time!

No, I'm not dead, I was just moving to middle of fricking nowhere, seriously:


I was born and raised (and lived most of my life) in a small town called Blackpool, which is on the north west coast of England. Because it's a seaside town and has a few historical landmarks we're quite the tourist destination with lots of things crammed into one tiny space. I could walk to the beach, drive ten minutes to the centre of town and everything was pretty handy but it still felt spacious with the sea on one side and then countryside on the other....now I'm just surrounded by all countryside and it's good thing I can drive because I ain't going nowhere without a car (the beach is three hours away). I guess I had to do the adult thing of moving for a job at some point though and it is my dream job so I will just have to deal with all the spiders. I swear they're grouping up to kill me in the night or something.

I also graduate next week and my dad got me a new lens for my camera so I can finally do beautiful macro shots of nail art like so:



I'm still trying to figure out the lighting (especially for holo) and it's even harder now as I've moved into a flatshare so I only have my bedroom to store everything. Before I had a dedicated room for photography with all my lightboxes set up and the desk ready to be dressed up for photoshoots. Now I feel like I'm living the true student life that I never actually lived because I didn't move away for uni. But hopefully it's only for a year whilst I save up for a house deposit. 

It's very strange to be here though. I dropped out of school when I was 18 so I never finished my A-Levels and as such, I've been working minimum wage jobs for the past 10 years. There was nothing particularly wrong with them but I couldn't go anywhere, or move up. Everyone wants you to have a degree or some kind of qualification. I got very comfortable in my old job as well (I was there for 9 years in total) and now I'm a software engineer at Microsoft. I feel like someone made a mistake when they hired me lol. For anyone who is reading this though, it's never too late to change your life and get a fresh start. I can't believe how fast 3 years have gone and I finally have qualifications and a job I could only dream about having as a kid. I thought to be a software engineer you had to be some sort of hacker like in the movies and programming since you were born; but I had never programmed anything before my course and now it's my job.

This blog will not be forgotten though. If anything I'm just becoming more obsessed with nail art and after I'm settled I'm seriously thinking of getting a license to be a nail technician so I can have clients on the weekends. 

But anyway, I'll get some posts scheduled from art I did before the move and then new nail art is on the horizon!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig