A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 16 October 2020

ROUND UP // All The Nail Polish Calendars for 2020

ROUND UP // All The Nail Polish Calendars for 2020

I can't believe it's that time again already. Last year I did a post detailing every nail polish advent calendar I could find (on offer for the UK) and I thought I'd do it again to see if anyone has upped their game.

RRP £59 - 24 Items
Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2020 Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020

Ciaté Mini Mani Month 2020 Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020

£9 more expensive than the past few years, the Ciaté Mini Mani Month is looking really good...I might even forgive the price increase. This one I will definitely be getting as they're using a new "plant" formula and the shade list is promising; I see very few repeats! Asos has a full list of the polishes included if you want spoilers! One thing I'm not happy about though is the inclusion of a lip product..If I wanted skincare and makeup in my advent calendar then I would buy a beauty one; I want nail products.

RRP £65.90 - 25 Items
OPI Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020

OPI Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020


This years calendar is in collaboration with Swaravski and as such there's a lot of silver, gold and jewel tones. Even though there only seems to be about 4 repeats I'll be passing as there is only 1 creme in the 25 piece set. I'm not a big fan of OPI's shimmers, especially when they're the normal formula. You can pick this up from NailPolishDirect for £49.95 if you're interested.

RRP £99 - 24 Items
Essie Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020

Essie Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020


I thought the price tag on Look Fantastic was an error when I saw it but no, Amazon is also selling it at £97.99......what!?! Sure it looks cute and contains 9 full sizes but last years calender was £46. Ciaté shades are more expensive (and my better quality imo) and have never charged this much. A review on Amazon also states that all the shades are either red, white or pink with 1 blue. I love pink but I would like to see a nice range in a calendar. I think it's safe to say I'll be avoiding this one.

RRP £51.99
Bluesky Nail Polish Advent Calendar 2020
This one is super interesting as I've been trying to increase my Gel collection (for friends who want gel nails) and this contains everything you need to get started; even a lamp! I already have 3 lamps but the more the merrier. I'm extremely tempted by this one as there's a nice range of shades and a full top and base for gel! Gel top coats are so expensive!

And that's it for this year :( It seems Nail Polish Advent Calendars are rapidly disappearing which is a real shame, I don't know why brands aren't jumping on the bandwagon. Once again there is nothing from Barry M, Orly, Nails Inc, W7 or even Technic. Oh well, my bank account will happy.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig