A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Friday 19 October 2018

Mani & Lola October 2018 // Nail Subscription Box


Mani & Lola October 2018 // Nail Subscription Box - Including Cuccio Colour, Morgan Taylor, Zoya, Orly, jessica and icon.

I've been an avid beauty box addict for several years now and I heard of this box when it first came out a year ago thanks to WhichBeautyBoxUK, however for some strange reason I never subbed. Well that's all changed and I'm so happy I did because this box is life. It's my most expensive sub at £22.95 a month but so worth it; I'm just annoyed I didn't subscribe sooner.

Containing all full sizes (and occasionally some travel sizes, but no samples) this box is for nail lovers. And because of the price tag it feels way more luxurious than my other boxes. The drawer everything comes in is stunning and even has a black ribbon attached to pull out the drawer. I've been using my Look Fantastic boxes to store polish but they open from the top and it was getting tedious to get polishes when they were all stacked. Now I can have a nice neat pile of labelled drawers.

But anyway, onto what's inside:

Jessica // Nourish Therapeutic Cuticle Formula (7g Travel Size - £7.95)

I was very happy to see this as I'm currently experimenting with cuticle oils/creams to see what works best for my skin. Even though it's a small tub a little goes a long way as the formula is quite greasy. It does have a nice light therapeutic scent to it though.  

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

Cuccio Colour // Vegas Vixen (13ml Full Size - £4.95)



Mani & Lola October 2018 Cuccio Colour Vegas Vixen Swatches


Be still my beating heart. What. A. Shade. When I first saw this I immediately thought of Metallic 4 Life from the 2012 OPI Nicki Minaj Collection. I still have that bottle of polish but it's gone super thick and the glitter chunks were always a bit too large for my liking. This though is everything you could want from a black glitter polish. The above swatch was 3 coats (no sponging or black base coat) and it's perfect. It has plenty of different sized glitter pieces and is far superior to it's OPI counterpart. This was my first encounter with Cuccio as well and I'm not disappointed. 

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

Zoya // Dannii (15ml Full Size - £9.95)


Mani & Lola October 2018 Zoya Danni Swatches

Mani & Lola October 2018 Zoya Danni Swatches


Another brand first; although I have heard of Zoya before. This beautiful shimmering purple was just what the doctor ordered as only a few weeks ago I was lamenting about my lack of purple polishes. If you look closely at the bottle you can see a blue streak running though it and I was excited that this was a duochrome polish but it's not; that doesn't stop it from being perfect for the upcoming Christmas season. The above swatch required 3 coats and it was a little streaky in places but I loved the thin brush as really allowed me to get into the corners of my nails without brushing the sides.

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

Orly Breathable Treatment & Colour // The Antidote (18ml Full Size - £12)


Mani & Lola October 2018 orly breathable treatment & colour The Antidote swatch

Mani & Lola October 2018 orly breathable treatment & colour The Antidote swatch


Oh man, it just keeps getting better and better. I've seen Orly a lot but never bought anything but every time I see the name all I can think of is this:


Oh hello 2005. This is nail polish though, and not a sarcastic owl, and what a beautiful polish it is. This is said to be a nourishing polish for your nails containing argan oil and vitamins B5 and C; so literally the antidote for your nails. No base coat is needed however I can't deal with not applying a peel off base coat so that won't ever happen but it's nice to know that this works with your nails and not against it. It is quite a runny formula though and stains the cuticles easily. I found it quite hard to get a nice clean line using a clean up brush and acetone so you have to be really precise when using it.

The shade though is just everything and I'm already cooking up a Halloween post with this and the next polish.

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

Morgan Taylor // Sweet Escape (15ml Full Size - £4.95)


Mani & Lola October 2018 Morgan Taylor Sweet Escape Swatch

Mani & Lola October 2018 Morgan Taylor Sweet Escape Swatch


I discovered Morgan Taylor in last months Latest In Beauty box and it appears this range features frequently in this box which I'm very happy about as it's amazing. This shade is kind of a blood orange colour.



For the October box I would've preferred a more orange shade but I'm not angry. This will be used though to add some depth to leaves when I do a autumnal leaf fall look. It also stamps beautifully which you can see down below.

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //

Icon Glitter Dust // Cosmic Fibres (12g Full Size - £6.95)


Mani & Lola October 2018 icon Glitter Dust Cosmic fibres Fibers


And last but not least is a pot of glitter. This is my least favourite item mainly due to how large the glitter pieces are. I'm not really sure how to use them so I'm going to have to go off and do some research. They are lovely and holo though and you get a good amount but I'm just inexperienced with this stuff.

Price of Box - £22.95
Number of Items - 6 
Estimated Worth - £46.75

And that's everything! Even though I just got this box I can't wait for the next one and see what brands are waiting to be discovered. As someone getting into nail art seriously this is a fantastic way to discover new brands and get the creativity flowing. I'm still trying to come up with a look that will incorporate all 4 polishes and it's challenges like this that will help me improve. If your looking for a subscription box, look no further!

Mani & Lola October 2018 // Nail Subscription Box

Mani & Lola October 2018 // Nail Subscription Box - Including Cuccio Colour, Morgan Taylor, Zoya, Orly, jessica and icon.

EDIT:
Looks I've done using this months shades:
- Fortune Teller Nails (Halloween 2018)
- The Halloween Antidote (Halloween 2018)
- The Nutcracker & The Four Realms (Birchbox Nov 2018)
- Dark Wonder (Look Fantastic November 2018)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Amazon Beauty Box

    The Amazon beauty box introduces you a vast and exclusive collection of all the brands which you demand, want, and desire of getting. Check it out now..

    to get more - https://blog.avanearbysalon.com/amazon-beauty-box/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig