A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 30 October 2018

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

Roll up, roll up for the scariest nails I've done thus far in my nail journey! I am so happy with how these turned out; even if there were a few hitches along the way. Like the last Halloween post, I had no idea where this was going; just that I wanted to use Orly The Antidote and Morgan Taylor Sweet Escape somehow.

I eventually ended up applying a base layer of Sweet Escape and then sponging on a gradient of The Antidote, Sweet Escape and Essie Roarrrange as it really is more red than orange. The Essie shade really gave it that orange pop it needed near the cuticle. I really love the sponged result, so much I stopped to take photos and you'll see that up soon as it's own post. I then added a little of The Antidote up near the cuticle and it kind of looks like blood stains dripping down; perfect.

I also like how the ghost on the pinkie looks like it's holding a walking stick and yelling "get off my lawn kids!"

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

The hardest part of the look was the stamping. That Born Pretty black polish can get messy but this time round my hands looked dirty from constantly having to clean the plate. The BP plate I used has some nice Halloween designs on it but near the edges the plate is slightly rounded and because of that I couldn't get a clean swipe across the design with the scraper and it took me around 20 minutes to get these images which aren't perfect but the best I could do. I think I may have to invest in some MoYou Halloween plates for next year.

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

But other than that I think this may be one of the best looks I've done yet. However, I'm wary about using The Antidote again. It's a beautiful shade but it stains the cuticles and skin something awful; my nails looked like they were bleeding and it took me a while and a lot of acetone to get it looking somewhat presentable. I'm hoping my new liquid latex which is on the way will help with cleanup though.

The Halloween Antidote // Halloween 2018 #2 - Morgan Taylor, Essie, Orly, Born Pretty, Revlon

Polishes/Tools Used:
Morgan Taylor // Sweet Escape (bright warm red)
Essie // Roarrrange (bright orange)
Orly Breathable Treatment + Color // The Antidote (deep plum)
Born Pretty Stamping Polish // #3 (black)
Revlon //  Quick Dry Top Coat (used to set ombre)
Revlon // Colorstay Diamond Top Coat (used to set stamping design)
Born Pretty // Celebration BPX-L007 plate


Happy Halloween!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig