A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Hippy Sailor // Mandala Dreamcatchers & Nautical Stuff

Hippy Sailor // Mandala Dreamcatchers & Nautical Stuff

This design came about because I couldn't decide if I wanted to go nautical or bohemian....So I did both. Thanks to the Rose Quartz & Serenity pairing (I swear that wasn't intentional) this doesn't look to bad. It's not the best stamping skills in the world but I'm getting better every time I do it.

For the Mandala/Dreamcatcher nails I started out with one layer of Sweet Memories then followed that up with 4 sponged layers of Alanala & Breanna ombre'd together. I then stamped the design on top and hey presto!

I love the colour of those two W7 polishes however on their own they're not great, sponging solved that problem. They almost had a chrome effect by the 4th layer and the subtle colour shift looked beautiful when the light hit it in the right way:

Hippy Sailor // Mandala Dreamcatchers & Nautical Stuff

I didn't get the best photos of this design but I'm definitely going to be doing it again, perhaps using a stamp that doesn't cover up the nail so much. 

The nautical design isn't the best and the lines are a little wonky but it's still cute and I think I'll try to improve it. Especially since I now have a stamping plate with ye olde map lines on it.

Hippy Sailor // Mandala Dreamcatchers & Nautical Stuff

- Born Pretty // Stamping Plate BP L051 mandala dream catcher

Here are the polishes I used:
- OPI // Sweet Memories (light pastel pink)
- W7 // Alanala (blue to lilac/pink colour shift)
- W7 // Breanna (pink to blue colour shift)
- Born Pretty // Stamping Polish #4 (white)
- Essie // Blanc (white)
- Born Pretty // Stamping Polish #284 (blue)
- Born Pretty // Stamping Polish #3 (black)
- Revlon // Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat
- Born Pretty // Liquid Latex
- Born Pretty // Stamping Plate BP L051 & BP 33
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig