A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Tuesday 25 May 2021

SWATCHES: Nails Inc // Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo

Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

I found these beautiful jungle shades in TK Maxx this weekend for £6.99....Well I actually found them last week and convinced myself that I didn't need anymore nail polish. Well, we know that's a lie so I bought them this weekend. At £3.50 a shade; it's a bargain.

Conjuring up images of water droplets dripping off monstera leaves and the squawk of an exotic bird somewhere in the background; this duo also manages to remind me of Christmas with the deep rich shades.

Palms In The Air // hunter green creme
Collection: Don't Stop Be-Leafing
Release: Summer 2020
Coats: 1
1 Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

This wonderful self-levelling creme is ready in just one coat and is an absolute dream to apply. I think this was one of the fastest applications I've ever done. It has a shiny finish but definitely needs a top coat. My favourite thing about this shade is that it's a dark green but you can still tell it's green; most of them just look black when applied. Make sure you put on your best stain-resistant base coat though because rich green shades like this will cause some pretty hefty yellow stains.

It also doubles as a pretty good stamping polish due to how opaque it is. 

Grow Your Eco // bronze shimmer
Collection: Don't Stop Be-Leafing
Release: Summer 2020
Coats: 2
1 Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

I'm not usually one for bronze shades but this one gets a pass. I think it matches the green extremely well and together they make either the perfect elf christmas look or summer jungle look. For a shimmer is surprisingly opaque as well with little bits of red and green pieces thrown in with the bronze mix. Under direct lighting it has a completely different look.

// Verdict

A solid duo from Nails Inc. I'm in LOVE with the wooden caps, I wish more polishes had them. There's also a set of four called "Nude in the Tropics" which features the same box print but has some nice beige/pink shades...I may have to buy them now because I love the box print. I wish they would make the polishes easier to get out though as I ripped the box :( 

1 Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

1 Nails Inc Don't Stop Be-leafing Duo Swatches Palms In the Air Grow Your Eco

Also, this is my first post in like 6 months....I took a break from doing anything really but that doesn't mean I stopped buying nail polish; that could never happen.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig