A Nail Art/Nail polish blog by a really nerdy software Engineer

Monday 9 October 2023

SWATCHES: Nail Kind // Glazed Donut & Coco Loco

SWATCHES: Nail Kind // Glazed Donut & Coco Loco

I chose both of these as part of my monthly Latest In Beauty subscription. I don't normally buy deep red polishes but I liked the bottle design. I've been seeing this brand a lot recently in my local TK Maxx for £3.99 which I think is reasonable. The formula isn't as good as Barry M (no brand can self-level like the Gelly Hi-Shine formula) but I would buy more. They're usually £8.95 which I feel is too much.

Coco Loco // Deep Brown Crelly
Collection: Timeless Nudes
Release: Autumn 2021
Coats: 2

Nail Kind Swatch - Coco Loco - Deep Brown Crelly

This is a deep reddish brown which is why I chose it as I lack brown shades. It's also more on the jelly side than creme but has streaks. 2 coats and you're good to go though. It gives a sophisticated, autumnal vamp look, which I really love. This is a super 90s shade, perfect for the upcoming months. With Glazed Donut on top, I'm getting metallic Christmas pudding vibes.

Glazed Donut // Off-White Silver Pearl Shimmer
Collection: Donut Worry Be Happy
Release: January 2023
Coats: 2

Nail Kind Swatches - Glazed Donut - Off white pearl shimmer

I didn't realise this was a pearl shimmer until I got it. I was drawn in by the name. I find this "collection" a bit odd as its just 2 colours; a bright red and this. Seems more like a Christmas release than a donut release (where I would expect pastels and beiges).

Whilst this polish was drying I noticed some cracking on the first coat and minor cracks on the second. it definitely shines more silver in the light. I'm not the biggest fan of silver shades as they make me look a bit washed out and I hate seeing lines in pearl finishes. It's one of the reasons I normally avoid that finish.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig